Re: innocent pleasures

<<8 track tapes of Ted Nugent (fade out, clunk,
fade in)... (Do any of you remember how the 8
track of Pink Floyd's "Animals" had that little
extra instrumental bit on it that connected the
closing and opening versions of "Pigs On the
Wing"? Looping content, kinda...)>>

I might only be 29, but I remember 8 tracks. We
still have an 8 track that almost works. In
addition to the "fade out clunk clunk fade in"
aspect, they always rearranged the songs so that
they'd fit on the four programs of the loop
without anyone being too short. Frequently,
they'd repeat a song, sometimes playing just the
first verse and chorus or whatever and then
fading out.

And though I never owned Pink Floyd's Animals on
8-track, I do know that version of Pigs On The
Wing you mention. It's been frequently
bootlegged, and was eventually released
legitimately on Snowy White's Goldtop compilation
(that's Snowy playing the guitar solo, he says he
went to Britannia Row studios, where the band was
working on the album, to audition for the 2nd
guitarist/bassist spot on their upcoming tour,
and Roger Waters said something to the effect of
"Since you're here, why don't we record
something").

I don't remember my first single, but I think my
first album (or at least the first real
non-children's record my parents ever bought for
me) was a cassette copy of Double Platinum by
Kiss when I was 5. I had this rinky dink toy
cassette player, I think it was a Bugs Bunny
cassette player, anyway, I remember sitting in
the dining room when we got home from Wal Mart,
and I sat there listening to it for the first
time. I also remember it was a two cassette set.
I guess back then, they hadn't figured out how to
make a double length tape or whatever so that
they could have the only whole thing on one tape.

I also remember trying to talk my parents into
buying me a copy of Boston's Don't Look Back,
which had probably just come out at the time, and
I was immediately taken by the cover artwork. I
think my dad, trying to avoid paying whatever a
new LP would have cost back then, said somethin
to the effect of "You won't like that". Ten years
later, I was able to prove him wrong by buying my
own copy of it.

I got turned on to my music by my oldest brother
when I was little. He used to listen to Kiss,
Uriah Heep, Peter Frampton, BTO, that sorta
stuff.

And I don't care what anyone says, Billy Idol's
Rebel Yell is a really good record.

=====
May you never thirst!
The Scuba Diver Presently Known As Chris

"What do you get when you give a yo-yo to a flock of flamingos?"-James
Earl Jones