RE: Moving to Europe. (was Re: American Empire as Gated Community)

Hey Mark,

is there any way to swap citizenship? I'd gladly exchange my German
citizenship for your US American one without further thought (thought about
this enough already, that is). Perhaps I can tell you a few points which
are
so terribly wrong in Germany, it makes me puke every day:

        * We did learn in school that for a democracy, we need three powers
(legislative, executive and judicative
          powers) which are independent of each other. In Germany, the
legislative
elects the executive, which in
          turn decides about the judicative...

        * Germany is called "Bundesrepublik Deutschland" (short "BRD"),
which
translates to Federal Republic of         Germany. Yet the BRD/FRG is not
a bit
more federal than the DDR/GDR (German Democratic Republic) was
democratic.

        * The income, pensions and other services available to politicians
give you
a reason to become one alone,
          especially if you're underqualified, stupid and detest hard
work. This
may be the case in other countries,
          too, but it is the worst in Germany (compare i.e. the salaries of
politicians internationally). Whats more,
          with about one third of the US Government, we have roughly twice
the
amount of congressmen...

        * The last twenty years (resulting from the last two governments,
with the
second still in power) were the
          worst in the history of Germany since Adolf Hitler. Politicans
of any
camp have excelled each other in
          acting strictly against the recommendations of leading
economists and
other scientists.

        * I don't know how this works in the U.S. (I had noticed the
massive media
coverage of the trials against
          policemen beating up African Americans et al.), but it works
like this in
Germany. If a police officer
          shoots an innocent citizen for no apparent reason, the D.A.
won't even
investigate the case.

Enough already? More details about one of the great countries in Europe
off-list, if desired. So please, all of you always keep in mind: the place
you live in only looks so bad to you because you live close enough to
notice
all of the hidden dark sides. If you're a citizen of the U.S. with a job, I
can't see any reason to move at least to most parts of Europe (including
Germany, France, Italy, England and Spain).

Personally, I do have a language problem with a lot of countries (meaning I
don't speak their language), so countries like Sweden, Finnland etc. are
more or less out of the question. What remains (counting out the countries
mentioned above for being crap too) is perhaps Swizerland?

        Rainer

Rainer Straschill
Moinlabs GFX and Soundworks - www.moinlabs.de
The Straschill Family Group - www.straschill.de