Re: RE: future loopers--A discrete delete funtion?

Yes, I need that delete function too. Mostly for the case that I do a
multiply and then realize it became 9 cycles long or so. For me that
would be fine, I learned to deal with it and like it somehow, but
will the percussionist?
I observe that the "conscious" musicians can play terrible rhythm
measures I can never follow, but only if they know whats needed.
Otherwhise they listen half the piece through to figure out what my
structure is before they play - instead of just floating with me...
LOL!

Anyway: my special version of the delete function would be a rounded
one, or even quantized: "chop off this cycle"

>  > Hi all--
>>   You know how you can insert new material in the EDP, into a location
>>   anywhere in the loop?  I want a delete function, sort of vacuuming up
>bits
>>   of audio--implemented thusly:
>>   1.  at first press of magic button, marker set to remove material
>>   2.  upon release of magic button (or second tap) marker set for end of
>>   material to be removed
>>   3.  either delete it at that moment or a third tap to instantly
>delete it
>
>Nice idea to make an area for future processing.
>Could also Reverse or Stutter that marked section.
>
>In loop4 you have to use unrounded multiply and start at the
>End of the bit you want to delete, and end at the beginning.
>kind of awkward, but the same result.
>
>  >  I would also like back a feature possible in Loop III, inadvertantly
>>   omitted in Loop IV, that works this way:
>>
>>   http://www.loopers-delight.com/LDarchive/200009/msg00800.html
>>   http://www.loopers-delight.com/LDarchive/200009/msg00822.html
>>   http://www.loopers-delight.com/LDarchive/200010/msg00036.html
>>
>>   So this involved toggling back and forth between multiply and insert
>. . .
>>

>yeah ....missed that one :-(
>
>andy butler

ok, Andy, thats easy, once we have enough interface...
--

          ---> http://Matthias.Grob.org