Re: DON'T GO, ANDRE

> Don't go, Andre.    This little community would be the worse if you did.

Rick, I'm not sure I understand how you come to that conclusion.

Sure, Andre's playing is excellent.  His use of the EDP is groundbreaking.
His EDP Analysis pages at his website are useful.

I've been a member of this mailing list (and an avid amateur looping
artist)
for over 3 years now.  I do remember the days when this list was much more
supportive, friendly, and full of actual *useful* information and
exchanges.
I haven't seen too much of that in the last year (and I've even tried
stepping up my contributions as a miniscule attempt to help).  I certainly
haven't seen much in the way of helpfulness from Andre LaFosse.  I've seen
plenty of rhetoric, advertising, arguing, and whining...  but very little
helpful discussion.

Maybe looping has become much more ubiquitous, and there's less need for us
all to "stick together" in an attempt to learn about the technologies and
techniques that enable our craft.  Maybe 9/11 just made everyone cynical.
Maybe we're just tired of primadonnas deciding we're middle-aged hacks with
no value.  I dunno.
But either way, I'd gladly trade a contributing, inquisitive, helpful,
friendly, supportive member of this list for a cynical and argumentative
one.

Doug