Re: EDP - Repeater sync

On Jul 5, 2004, at 6:45 PM, Matthias Grob wrote:
> thats mainly a Repeater issue, I would say: it does not accept clock
> faster than 200bpm or so. I dont have one, some owner can tell
> exactly?

I have noticed that my Repeater performs best at tempi between 40 and
80 BPM. I usually slave the Repeater to midi clock from my EDP and if I
should find myself in a situation where the Repeater reads more than 80
BPM I step my midi foot controller for a program change msg that calls
up another EDP program with only a difference in the 8th/cycle setting,
which induces a different tempo being sent out from the EDP.

I also try to never record so many loops on the Repeater that the
machine has to use the CFC card. Trying to always stay in RAM only. I
have set up one midi foot pedal for "erase loop" that I use a lot with
the Repeater.

All the best

Per Boysen
---