EDP - Repeater sync

>I have to say that I either use the Repeater synced to a drum
>machine (90%) or freeform.  I never try to sync to it.  In beta
>testing I tried using it's clock out and found it do be crap.
>Excellent syncing to anything (even a changing clock) but horrible
>as master.
>
>I've jammed with Jon Wagner a number of times and we've had issues
>with the sync due to the way the EDP works... I don't have an EDP so
>I can't really comment on it.  Something about sending a really fast
>clock rate that confused the Repeater.  Had to set up the EDP in
>some way to prevent this, but it can and does work.

thats mainly a Repeater issue, I would say: it does not accept clock
faster than 200bpm or so. I dont have one, some owner can tell
exactly?

But yes, you have to set 8th/beat on the EDP in a way that it
corresponds to the loop time. If the speed does not end up between 25
and 350bpm, it does not send any clock.
or better: Allways Record the first loop within a range that fits to
your 8th/beat and then multiply it, which is also more flexible for
changes during the piece, keeps your LEDs counting reasonably and
allows the Repeater to follow!
--

          ---> http://Matthias.Grob.org