Re: Lesson Learned: Ordering Anything involving UPS

I find that FedEx does the same thing.  I ship stuff FedEx ground to
people for Ebay auctions and I've never gotten a complaint, but I
wonder about such things.  I live in a quiet neighborhood on a tiny
dead end, and I've got a closed in porch, but my wife bought a Yamaha
S80 and they left it (actually, I'm not sure who the shipper was) in
our driveway!  I've been home when stuff was just dropped off without
even a doorbell.  What's going on?  I don't think this every used to
happen.  On some level, it's easier getting stuff not having to wait
for it, but I wonder how they can get away with this.  Do they have to
come up with an insurance payment if it's taken off your porch?

Anyway, this story's going to make me act to make my work address the
same as my credit card so I can use it as a shipping address.

Mark