Re: ORGANIC programming and looping (effects)

On Dec 1, 2004, at 15:38, jj 179 wrote:
>> Those are not the best examples admittedly. What got me interested in
>> this
>> originally were some of Brian Eno's treatments to things like Harold
>> Budd
>> tunes, where it sounded like the EQ of the delay varied with the
>> volume of
>> the piano attack.

I too have found great inspiration in those recordings. Especially "The
Pearl". Last week I researched Logic Pro 7 for that kind of treatments
by using the Side Chain function that is now available for most effect
plug-ins. You can do a lot in L7 but unfortunately it has some bugs in
the real-time external midi control department, so it's out of my
picture until a future upgrade will fix that.

>> not truly *random*, and in fact no matter how
>> complicated the "if-then-else" chain,

That's interesting! I'm eagerly waiting for more of those options to
get into the software Numerlogy. .

On Dec 1, 2004, at 15:58, Rob wrote:
> Take a look at TC electronic's Fireworx:
> http://www.tcelectronic.com/FireworX

Or the Eventide Eclipse. I have one here now until Dec 6 and it's
really cool to map input level to different effect chains. Extremely
well sounding unit.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
---