Re: flexible looper in small package

Art Simon wrote:
> I actually sold mine for _more_ than the new price (which was
> significantly more than I paid for it). I surprised both that Gibson
> isn't meeting the demand, and that software loopers like Mobius
> haven't diminished demand for the EDP.

I don't think Mobius is having any significant effect on the EDP
market.  From the feedback I get, Mobius users fall into three
categories:

   - computer-based musicians that have always wanted an EDP
      but would never pay $1000 for one

   - those that want stereo, or parallel loops, or "remix" features

   - those that are transitioning to computer-based rigs for the
      flexibility and portability they can offer, and are willing
      to deal with the consequences

In the first two categories, you have people that wouldn't be
buying EDPs anyway.  The third category is very small.

Jeff