Re: flexible looper in small packag

I do see Jesse's point if he were implying the zenith of said looping equipment in most of our minds at least technologically and demographically. Can you clarify for us Jesse? I don't think any insult was intended in the least.

Still Lurking,

Todd

Hi Todd - I was responding to this comment, which has since been deleted from the thread :) -

I've seen very little evidence that there's been much research on the
part of manufacturers as to what makes a great looper (and what makes
a frustrating one).

My point is that there may be substantial research on the part of manufacturers into what most buyers want in a "looping" device. But what most buyers want may not be what looping musicians want. I wasn't knocking the RC-20, nor was I saying it couldn't be used to create great art. I was simply pointing out that this list is made up of hard-core loop enthusiasts, people who are probably not representative of most Boss buyers.

I've met people who love "looping" technology because it allows them to play along to the Eagles by pre-recording different chord progressions and triggering changes between them. I bet there are more RC-20 buyers who fall under that category than there are serious (or even non-serious, but creative) loop musicians. And of course, users like this would not be represented here.

The EDP, on the other hand, is clearly targeted at loop musicians, and I would guess it sells at a fraction of the rate of the RC-20 as a result. This is not a comment on quality or price/value, just a comment on market demographics.

In sum, I am defending the product managers at Boss, Line 6, etc. God knows why. :)

I personally own a Line 6 delay modeler, which I use to make music that I love, but I am pretty sure I use it in a way that would be considered an "edge case" by most Line 6 product professionals. After all, the loop sampler on the Line 6 is just one mode of what, 16? I would much rather have an EDP. And I would buy the RC-20 in a second if it could record sound-on-sound at other than 100% feedback.

Jesse