___
Adrian Bartholomew
Leawood KS
On Sep 13, 2005, at 5:14 PM, Luis Angulo wrote:

DonŽt feel bad Adrian i am as well guilty for putting
down the EFC-7,i change those switches god knows how
many times and it always made me uneasy onstage,i even
started hating the EDP for it.Since i got rid of it
and got a fcb1010 i love life and the EDP!
The fcb1010 has a learning curve but with patient
anybody can learn it and it will turn your basic EDP
into a loop giant!
And by the time the fcb1010 buttons go bad youŽll be
in a psychatric clinic for EFC-7phobia!
Luis

--- Adrian Bartholomew <adrian@bartholomusic.com>
wrote:

From: Adrian Bartholomew <adrian@bartholomusic.com>
Date: September 13, 2005 11:22:41 AM CDT
To: Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com
Subject: EDP Footpedal vs. FCB1010 ? ?

kim, u sound like i did when i did
marketing/advertising.

the client would outline their market target
audience and also, like u,
through statistics, provided by 3rd party companies,
i had to pinpoint
who they were by their race, socio-economic strata,
age, sex and
musical tastes (i also did jingles or commissioned
them out).

if the marketing didnt work, what then?

do i challenge the advertiser to enlighten me with a
better idea based
on a sarcastically appointed imaginary marketing
degree i suddenly
hinted that they might have? that wouldve
been....bad. jobwise and
karmawise.
do i blame the public for not "getting it"?
tempting, especially after
all the working hrs, love, sweat, sleepless nights,
attention to detail
and scientific "facts" presented in the project.
sometimes i was stubborn too.

but no.

all we can do is recall the vehicle and try
something else based upon
new information eg. data from questionaires given to
random groups
within the target market in a controlled
environment.

because THE CUSTOMER IS ALWAYS RIGHT.

now i do also have quite a lot of engineering
experience so i
completely understand u and ur company's reasoning
behind the design of
the footpedal. i, however, believe that a lot of ur
customers would
prefer, and indeed even pay more, for a product that
didnt go bad so
relatively quickly (WITHOUT SELF SERVICING) even
though it could be
fixed easily. the moment onstage is gone.
try building a powered, midi controller with
switches based on
different technology for more money and see which
sells more. designed
BY gibson. that would be awesome.
im not alone in this. how many of ur beloved EDP
users have complained
about ur footpedal.
come on kim. they're EDP USERS. how many others want
it and cant afford
it. ur users are already in the category of, "im
buying it cause its
the best, not because its cheap".

i dont quite swallow the... faultyness of all
switches used on a
regular basis... theory. we all use many switches in
our lives that
never fail, though some do. i have keyboards that
are as good today as
they ever were. every key on the keyboard is a
switch isnt it? what
about the program buttons. they too are switches.
the keys on my
computers never went bad. laptop or desktop. the
lightswitches in my
house. my gtr pedals, volume sustain for my
keyboard. NEVER. i know
others may have different experiences but i could
safely say that lots
of folk never had problems with any of these above
switches.
reliability is in the hands of the beholder not just
in engineering
calculations.
i will try to clean my edp footpedal switches.
thanks for the tip. im
comfortable with electronics. but i guarantee u
this. no matter HOW
easy it may be for me ...and u...and others like us,
most of ur
customers will never be comfortable opening up an
electronic device.
they dont want to have to.

___
Adrian Bartholomew