New here and looking for a looping device

Hello all,

May a few words regarding my person first. I'm 19 and from Wuppertal
,Germany, being a Synth/Keyboard-player for 3 years and studying law at
the university. Listening to Prog Rock like Yes and King Crimson.
I found this wonderful site few weeks ago and kept reading quite a bit
since them. My interest for looping came up when I got my hand on a
Behringer Multi-FX device, the Virtualizer DSP 2024, but I never did
much looping until one month ago, when I got my Roland GR1 guitar synth,
which seems to be the perfect soundtool for my needs. So i experimented
a lot with loops, even if the device only has 5 seconds of delay time it
was a very nice experience and I can spend hours with it, with adding
new stuff constantly and fading out the old stuff by controlling the
feedback. And you never know how the whole thing will develop. And now,
I'm looking for a device, that offers more delay/loop time. I have read
great things about the Oberheim/Gibson Echoplex and TC 2290, but they
are out of my price range, so I took a look on the Boss DD20, which
seems to be very nice with it's 23 seconds of loop or delay time (as I
read in a Looper's Delight review, you can even have 46 seconds). Also
it keeps the ongoing delay when you switch programs. I'm going to test
it soon, are there any comments on this device? In my opinion, it should
be fine enough to start with. Or are there any alternatives out there?

Thanks in advance!

All the best, Janosch