Re: Midi control of audio routing for Mobius

On 17 feb 2006, at 18.06, Luca Formentini wrote:

> Hi,
> I am trying to check if I can reproduce my hardware setup into a
> mixed hardware/software setup.
> My main concern is trying to substitute my Switchblade.
> So here is what I still haven't found how to do:
>
> I want to send some software outputs ( from Mobius) to analog
> outputs ( this is clearly possible with the majority of the native
> mix sw of almost any sound card) BUT I need to control the level of
> this output (not of the software) via Midi.
> Plus I need to assign a midi fader so that it can operate
> contemporarly lifting one fader and lowering another one ( say that
> with the midi fader UP it lifts mixer channel "A"  up and mixer
> channel "B" down, with midi fader DOWN it does the opposite.
> I checked Rme totalmix and, while it allows for some midicontrol,
> it is restricted to some functions and it does work just with few
> specific hardware, there is no chance to assign specific midi
> control operations to specific faders and Rme says they have no
> interest in developing it further.
> Any idea ?

If you run Mobius as a VST plug-in in Ableton Live those things
should be possible. Each Mobius track comes out into a track in the
Live mixer, which has a fader that is easily MIDI controllable.
Because Live is also used by DJs it has that classic DJ mixer
function where a horizontal fader mixes between the two turntables.
Live has no turntables but every track can be assigned to either "A"
or "B" - which corresponds to the two decks in a DJ rigg. So, there
are ;-)

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.looproom.com (international)