Re: Snap, Crackle, Pop - VST Effect & Sound Card Problems

> Maybe there is another layer or pane that you could add to give back
> options?> I'm thinking of something like Soundflower (cycling74) or Jack
> ( I  think that is mac only?) that would allow some routing and other
> configuration choices.
>
> I'm surprised that there is no overall System audio pane in Windows
>that
> would let you set/reset the soundcard and disable/restore any  software
> preference commands that want to usurp function.

You would think. Seriously, I've searched for any and all control panels
change settings. I've tried the control panel of the audio programs
themselves, of the sound card driver, even in the hardware setting in
Control Panel and System under Sounds.

I'm starting to wonder of the change was made in the bios...but who the
heck
what do that? I mean if reinstalling the OS doeesn't solve the problem,
then
it's either in the BIOS, the hardware is defective, or my audio software
is
defective...yet I installed my audio programs from scratch after the OS
reinstall.

This is the most bizarre problem.  There must be a ghost in the machine.

Kris