Wrap Up: Snap, Crackle, Pop - VST Effect & Sound Card Problems

Well, I think I've come to a partial, yet reasonable solution. First,
thanks
to all of you for all the suggestions on how to troubleshoot this problem.

After two OS re-installs, I was able to reconstruct my system to perform
about 95% of how it behaved before. There are still a few VST effects
(thankfully not my really good ones that I paid for) that snap and
crackle,
so I simply removed them from VST host.   Why they have that problem will
probably remain a mystery. The only lingering, but not as annoying problem
is that in my VST host when I activiate an effect (ONLY while I am
playing),
it makes a subtle little snap....odd. But since I never play live actvate
VSTs at the same time, this is not a performance issue.

So, I am back in action with the whole computer only system, Mobius,
Reaktor, and all.

Kris