Re: Zoom H4 for laptop looping

On 15 nov 2006, at 04.55, Joshua Carroll wrote:

> Per,
>
> Sadly, I heard the artifacts you described tonight.  Horrible!  I
> wasn't using the ASIO drivers either.  I'm on an old version of
> Adobe audition that doesn't recognize ASIO, so I'm just using it
> plug-and-play.  Makes me think it's possibly a hardware issue.
> However, I've successfully used a USB interface, so I don't think
> that's the issue.  I just wish I had known about this up front.  I
> need an interface more than I need an portable recorder.
>
> I'll be on the phone with their support tomorrow.

Ouch, that's bad news. Maybe you can get you're money back. It IS
actually marketed as a viable audio interface.

I'm still happy with the excellent stereo recording facility and the
portability. Don't think I will use it as four track recorder though,
only for stereo. I picked up a bigger cartridge for longer recording
time. Now I just need to remember to take the thing with me wherever
I go so I won't miss great sound spaces when I stumble into them ;-)

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se (Swedish)
www.looproom.com (international)