Re: Keller Williams / jam bands/ rc50

At 6:55 AM -0800 11/28/06, Richard Sales wrote:
>Good stuff David.  Esp like the mandolin and guitar piece.

Thanks.  John Skehan has the big ears, and we did several really
satisfying loop improvs together that night.

>I know a very good cello (and bass) player in the Marin (Fairfax)
>area who's a good jammer & player in general.  Name's Ken.  He's
>very good.  (You might know him already... Ken and Theressa?!)  I'll
>see if I can find his email address and forward it to you if you're
>interested.

Please do!

I find it pretty hard to use loops in a band context.  It is fun to
use the RC-20 once in a while to play a line and then harmonize with
it, but it'll only go for a few bars.  Music made by several humans
at once tends not to stay locked in tight to the loop.

--

David Gans - david@trufun.com or david@gdhour.com
Truth and Fun, Inc., 484 Lake Park Ave. #102, Oakland CA 94610-2730