Re: Help needed w/echoplex ARRAY

At 03:33 AM 1/7/2007, a k butler wrote:

>>We designed the Echoplex to support this sort of use, it should work ok.
>
>It didn't work when I tried it ( at Mathon, with Matthias).
>
>I had my 2 edps Brother synced,
>both Sync=Out

there's your problem. If you are trying to receive clock, Sync=IN. (on
both
units). Why would you set it to Sync=out if you are trying to receive sync?

>I don't remember, as it was a while back and I didn't midi-sync again.
>...but I think I got around it by setting EDPs to Sync=In
>(may have taken out the brother sync)

no, that's what you are supposed to do. BrotherSync works just fine with
Sync=IN, Out, or OuS.

>Sync=In disables brother sync ( as far as I know)

nope. We designed it to support all these cases transparently.

>>There are other ways to sync as well. For example all the units could be
>>connected with BrotherSync, which allows any of them to set the tempo
>for
>>the others. This is especially nice for group or band situations.
>
>...but brother-sync is problematic for more than 1 EDP
>...isn't it?

only if you get up to maybe 12 or more. I forget what the limit is but
nobody ever reached it so far as I know. The sample clock sync doesn't
work
so well with multiple units, but usually that only matters for stereo. The
BrotherSync part for jamming with multiple echoplexes should work fine.

kim