RPTR users Rejoice and Loop!!

Hey gang, I have been able to obtain an advanced copy of the Repeater version 2.01 upgrade, and though I haven’t had but a few hours to play with it, I’m very impressed with what I have found so far. First of all, the noisy artifacts at the output stage have disappeared. I have always used the Dry/mute function to work around this quirk, but I could not tell the difference between the input signal muted or unmated. It was that clean sounding. Also gone are the end of loop artifacts and the multiply function artifacts that would cause the unit to slow down or speed up if you weren’t careful on punch outs, or when you were creating a first loop when synced to an external clock. New features include a panic button/reset function that allows you reset the repeater from a midi controller in the event the unit freezes up. No more reaching around behind the RPTR to turn off the power. This is convenient for anyone who has to play the occasional brown power gig like an outdoor event running off an overtaxed generator.  The Midi clock seems more stable, as do the CC functions, its cool there is a tempo reset function, particularly when you use a cc pedal to play with tempo and time stretch like I do. Like I said I have only scratched the surface, and haven’t taken the time to redesign some of my foot controller presets to take advantage of new features like independent track reverse, stop and start. I’ll try to keep everyone abreast as I learn more. I am so happy this has happened as there are some many great things about the Repeater that are unique and yet some of its quirks kept it from being what it could have been..  I think many of those issues have been fixed, and I am excited to dig deeper in to the new feature set.

 I’ll keep you posted

Bill