Re: NI gtr rig looping

On 17 aug 2007, at 23.09, steve wrote:

> specifically from the looping point of view
> not so much; is it cool?

I would not advice anyone to waste time in trying to loop with the
built-in cassette tape rack simulation. It seems to be rather
targeting guitar players that want to learn licks by repeating them
against an original audio clip. But the effects are awesome! You can
do a lot by cabling them up in different configurations. It's nice to
use GR as a plug-in under a host and rout its output into a looping
plug-in. In such a setup you can sync the guitar rig rack effects
tempo after the looper's tempo. Since you're on OS X you can use
SooperLooper or Augustus Loop as the looper, depending on how you
want to loop (they are quite different).

One thing I do not like with GR is the basic sound. Maybe this is
because none of my computers is powerful enough to run it in High
Fidelity mode together with a software looper? I have tried the High
Fi mode without looping and only in this mode GR starts to sound as
in the same league as AmpliTube2 and Guitar Amp Pro (part of Logic).

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se (Swedish)
www.looproom.com (international)