Re: OT: RME Firewire 800 and Guitar Amp Sim - Preamps

Hi again Kris,

> "Su Me" - guitar to Mesa Boogie Studio Preamp to audio card. No effects
>
> Comments:  Who is playing what? :) Is this all guitar, or is there
> bass in there?
> I can't comment on the guitar part with the sustainer, because it is
> distorted, and
> I don't play with much distortion. But the tone is decent, as I would
> expect from
> the Boogie.

This is one loop plus one track in real time, just guitar.
The "solo" is an ebow.

Ok Kris,
I think the tone you are after is maybe the easiest to get when going
direct.
You want a jazzy clean which is commonly related to the Roland Jc120, a
very nice solid state amp.

The difficult thing to get when going direct is to get a crisp, open and
detailed while not harsh tone.
Getting a dark and thick tone is really easy.
Sorry to say this but the solution is easier than you maybe want.

My best,
luca
www.unguitar.com.