Re: How far does looping go back? Farther than you think....

I'm not sure how accessible that tunnel is to the general public.
However, I was then reminded of the Silophone, which is electronically
available worldwide:

http://www.silophone.net/

the Silophone project
sonic inhabitation of Silo #5

Silophone is a project by [The User] which combines sound,
architecture, and communication technologies to transform a
significant landmark in the industrial cityscape of Montréal.

Silophone makes use of the incredible acoustics of Silo #5 by
introducing sounds, collected from around the world using various
communication technologies, into a physical space to create an
instrument which blurs the boundaries between music, architecture and
net art. Sounds arrive inside Silo #5 by telephone or internet. They
are then broadcast into the vast concrete grain storage chambers
inside the Silo. They are transformed, reverberated, and coloured by
the remarkable acoustics of the structure, yielding a stunningly
beautiful echo. This sound is captured by microphones and rebroadcast
back to its sender, to other listeners and to a sound installation
outside the building. Anyone may contribute material of their own,
filling the instrument with increasingly varied sounds.

This project takes cues from transformations of similarly imposing
industrial sites in Europe such as La Fonderie in Brussels, Belgium
and Emscher Park in Germany's Ruhr, both of which reactivate abandoned
sites by appropriating the mandates of existing cultural programs in
their surrounding communities. The Silophone project aims to raise
popular awareness of the building and to catalyse activity that will
eventually result in the discovery of an appropriate new function for
the abandoned elevator.

project description

Instrument

telephone access
Using your telephone, you can enter into — and participate in — the
acoustic world of the Silo. More than one person can use the telephone
system at once, so when you telephone you may find somebody else
already in the Silo. This teleconference system was specifically
adapted for use in the Silophone by engineers from Bell's Emerging
Technologies Group.
To call the Silophone from North America: 1.514.844.5555
>From the rest of the world: 001.514.844.5555
Wait until the second ring, then start talking.