Re: OT - acoustic pickups, etc

Thanks for all the responses, everyone. The EBS comp really does look
good from reviews, I'd originally thought it was just for bass (being
made by a bass products company) but I see recs from guitarists too. The
Really Nice Compressor is tempting as I can use in the studio as well...

Lots and lots of good choices for pickups, it's a little overwhelming.
The ($300!) Schertler looks great, especially as I could throw it up on
the headstock, though it's hard to get over its resemblance to the Radio
Shack buzzer contact mic I made for $10. The active Baggs looks nice,
and also the possibility of actual in-hole mics, all of these should do
well with percussive stuff.

this gives me an advanced starting point, much appreciated ya'll.

Daryl Shawn
www.swanwelder.com
www.chinapaintingmusic.com