RE: Oberheim/Gibson?

My way of understanding the life of the EDP is this

my original Oberheim  shipped with 4 1mb ram modules for a total of 12 seconds of loops and loop v3.32

then my gibson white (beige) model .. this has shipped with the memory at its maximum amount and mine came with loop v3.5

finally the blackfaces gibsons, this units came with max memory and with loop4 pre-installed

at to buying on the used market, i would say if you are thinking of getting more then one, go for the newer models as there are known synchronisation problems between some older obi units and the newer gibsons.

as for syncing between black and white gibsons, that's always been fine for me.

On a more personal note, I have been having ,as you may have read,  troubles between my units of late...however Iwould very very strongly still endorse the unit as the most creative tool I have at my disposal (even more then the creativity generated by my instrument on its own). There are people on this list who have worked hard to provide me with this tool and I tip my hat to a very respectful angle towards them for creating such a musical tool. get one...it will change your life!!

Phill MyOneManBand

> From: glenn.poorman@autodesk.com
> To: Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com
> Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2007 05:45:05 -0800
> Subject: RE: Oberheim/Gibson?
>
> Not really much difference at all.
>
> The colors don't differentiate Gibson from Oberheim. Many of the Gibson
> models were still white and identical except for the company name. The
> black means it's the "Pro" version that Gibson introduced. I believe the
> only difference is that the Pro version has a CE rating.
>
> Glenn

Messenger on the move. Text MSN to 63463 now!