New Product preview at the Ethermusic festival

Hello to all!

I just returned from the Ethermusic Festival, sponsered by Moog Music,
in Asheville, NC.

Prior to my set on Thursday night, Jason Danillo from Moog Music
expertly demo'd a new product from Moog Music that is simply called:
"The Moog Guitar".

I am not a guitarist myself however I was very impressed with what I
learned and heard about this product.  I run the risk of sounding like
a "salesperson" however I want to share with you what I learned and
heard regarding the Moog Guitar.

My first impression of this instrument is that it was an electric
guitar with built in (software driven) fx in the body of the guitar.
And I would add, super CLEAN fx.  And the infinite sustain, for
example, was INFINITE with no noise, glitches, etc.  However, my guess
about the theory of operation was mistaken.

The guitar utilizes built-in ebows -- I'm not sure how many are built
into the guitar however there is a least one per string.  As many
readers here know, the ebow imparts energy to a string to set it into
vibration and keep it vibrating forever.  The engineers at Moog took
things to another level -- for ebow technology can do the opposite: it
can be used to remove energy from a string, too.

Each string is independently settable -- some can sustain, others can
sound in the normal (unsustained manner), others can produce a
staccatto pluck -- in fact, on of the sounds is a strum followed by a
bow.  This is all user-settable.  Jason strummed a chord and as the
chord died down a "bowed string chorus" came up -- as if an entire
string section was doubling Jason's guitar part.

My first thought was: Ohhh... my looping friends would LOVE this.  And
the tone was really clean.  During Jason's demo, he mentioned that
some people can't believe that this is all being done on the strings
until he unplugs the guitar and folks listen to the strings themselves.

I look forward to hearing the "buzz" about this product among the
looping community as well as the theremin community (which includes
many guitarists and loopers).

While ebows have been around for awhile, this new product takes things
to another level.

Best wishes to Moog Music.  May the new Moog Guitar inspire many
musicians and be another success story for Moog Music.

All the best to one and all.

-- Kevin