Re: Native Instruments Kore 2 and Komplete

I'm currently evaluating several laptop and/or soft synth solutions incl.
Kore2. I haven’t tested Kore2 myself yet but there’s a good review of it
on Sound on Sound:
http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/mar08/articles/nikore2.htm

Alternative host platforms I’m looking at are Logic 8 Main Stage, Bidule +
VST or AU soft synths / effects and Kore2.

What I want to achieve:
-       Compact Mac setup (laptop)
-       Configurable and good quality soft synth + effect patches
-       Midi program change to call up a complete setup

So far, I have been testing with Bidule and some VST soft synth: building
“bidules” with effects and VST soft synth plugin’s works fine. Next thing
is to find out what kind of Bidule setup is required to switch patches
with program changes.

Logic 8 Studio incl. Main Stage: I really like the concept but I have not
tested it. My biggest concern as a keyboard player is the
performance/latency of modern soft synths / effects because I want to
monitor the processed sounds like guitar and piano on stage too. Would a
2GB Macbook with the FW interface, so the “old” MacBook, and a Motu or RME
be ok?

Btw: which software loopers make a good combo with Main Stage or Bidule?
---
Sjaak
http://www.livelooping.be/
http://www.overgaauw.be/