Re: can you use mic cable to wire midi cable?

be aware to _not_ mix low level audio and midi in the same multi cecause
of crosstalk

Claude

J Johans a écrit :
> awesome!glad to hear someone else has tried it-since you brought up the
>multicore, i would greatly appreciate any suggestions on the subject if
>you get some time-i need a 12ch multipin - 15 would be super nicethese
>are the ones im aware of-elco connectors scare me as ive had problems
>with pins reccessing back into the connector-ramlatch is way too much =Di
>enjoy the whirlwind w2 series with the 1/4 turn locking systems and well
>priced, but still close to $1000 just for 2 fanouts---im wondering if you
>know of any more options? or a good multipin connector thats cheap and
>not impossible to solder for a DIY project-thanks again, im looking
>forward to cleaning up this rats nestfro> Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2009 18:17:45
>+0100> To: Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com> Subject: Re: can you use
>mic cable to wire midi cable?> From: stefantiedje@googlemail.com> > J
>Johans schrieb:>> so then could you use a mic cable to make a midi
>cable?>> >> its multipin time......woot> > I do it all the
 time to create extensions which can run through a > multicore. Just cut a
normal Midi cable into half, and connect the pins > 2 and 4 of the
Midicable to 2 and 3 of the XLR, shield goes to shield > and XLR pin 1.
One half connect to a male XLR, the other to a female. > Ready is your
endless extensible Midi cable. (In theory Midi cables are > good for only
15 meters, in my experience you can easily run it through > 50 meters
multicore without problems...)> > Stefan> > -- > Les Ondes