Re: OT: Tuning guitar in fifths for wider orchestration options

Howdy,

 I knew a guitarist that one night, while we were on the  road, had had a
few beers and went all hyper about different tunings and started showing
off all the ones he knew. EVERY alt. tuning he used was accompanied by the
usual chords, slides, etc. What really impressed me though was the
virtuosity he displayed when breaking into lead lines, runs, fingered
chords, and just fast, melodic playing. It was highly educational. He
proved to me that an open tuning limits you only as much as you allow it.
Rig