RE: Live 8 Beta Looper and Mainstage together - first impressions

[Warren]
> Here's one reason why the ability to send some
> message on each cycle would be cool: suppose I want to bring in a beat
> synced to the loop only after I've layed down a few overdubs. How will
> I (or any sw agent for me) know when a cycle might start?

I see.  There are several ways to do this, well once I get the MIDISend
function implemented for scripts there will be.  You either
write a script and quantize it to a cycle or you use Wait.  The
first method would look something like this:

   !name Trigger Beat Next Cycle
   !quantize
   MIDISend note 42

The !quantize says that the script should be run at the next
quantization point defined by the Quantize preset parameter.
You would have to have Quantize set to Cycle.  The other
method would look like this:

   !name Trigger Beat Next Cycle
   Wait cycle
   MIDISend note 42

This doesn't have a dependency on the Quantize parameter.  If you
always want to trigger on a cycle boundary the second is probably
best.  The first is best if you want to adjust the quantization
point live without modifying the script.

If you're interested in this I'll try to get the new version with
MIDISend uploaded in the next few days.

Jeff