Re: new mac mini with fw800 ... hoooorra!

Bill Fox schrieb:
> Macbook Pro (I assume firewire is required): from $1999
> Mac mini: from $599

My good old Powerbook just died the day before a gig. Furtunately my
Father could quickly lent me some money and I got a brand new white
MacBook with 4 GB of memory. It does have firewire for my Quatafire, it
has decent fast graphics (its time to get into Jitter) and was 980
Euros. In the U.S. you should get it for the same in $...

Compared to my old machin its blazingly fast and has more than 4 times
the memory I was used to in the past. I got it 2 hours before the
concert, installed Max, copied my patch and all worked like a charm...

Only drawback is the size. Its significantly bigger than my 12". But
still, my whole rig fits easily into hand luggage. I guess a mac mini
with a small screen and a foldable or small keyboard woud still need
more space...

Best of all, I can work on trains again, as it also came with a brand
new battery... ;-)

I would say that is the best deal for a roadworthy Mac. If its still too
much I'd get a netbook... ;-)

my 2c

Stefan

--