Re: WHAT SORTS OF FIREWIRE INTEFACES ARE PEOPLE USING THESE DAYS?

I can certainly concur with the RME reccomendation- used, older model, whatever. I am reluctantly selling my PCI based Hammerfall system that I LOVED. Main thing with RME is their reliability, well written drivers (performance), and killer support. I had one of their engineers tweak a driver for me once for a minor issue. wow.
I've heard great things about the Apogee Duet- if sound quality is you number one priority.
I'm going to sell the Motu Ultrlite Mk3 I bought a few months ago- the built in reverb only works at up to 48KHz and I also am thinking of simplifying with a Mackie Onyx i series mixer (analog mixer and i/o for computer)- but I have really liked the Motu otherwise. Solid, flexible, functions without a computer, etc.
Happy shopping-
Clifford