Re: EDP loop capture

On Dec 24, 2010, at 2:10 PM, Andy Owens wrote:

> I an noobie here, but why not just do all this on the LP1? I have my
>novation work surface so I have eight faders for loop volume, have eight
>pot style pan controls for panning, and eight pot style controls for
>feedback. That still leaves me 24 switch buttons to tell the lp1 to do
>whatever i want. What would tge edp in front gain?

A different mode of working.

Incidentally, I've got a Novation controlling the LP1. My experience is
that the useful range for the volume controls seems to be pretty limited.
Does that match with your experience as well? My guess is that the LP1
interprets the volume control linearly when it should probably treat it
logarithmically (more or less). Or maybe I just haven't tweaked the
configuration on one end or the other appropriately?

Mark