Re: EDP loop capture

Mark Hamburg wrote:

> Incidentally, I've got a Novation controlling the LP1.

Coincidently, I've also tried that.
8 programmable knobs used as one for each track.
Volume and Pan

> My experience is that the useful range for the volume controls seems to
>be pretty limited. Does that match with your experience as well? My guess
>is that the LP1 interprets the volume control linearly when it should
>probably treat it logarithmically (more or less). Or maybe I just haven't
>tweaked the configuration on one end or the other appropriately?

It actually *is* logarithmic.
...but in the range 0..127 over half the range is effectively inaudible.

In practise, where you have a mix of sounds the simple answer
of making volume control linear works really well.

As a workaround, there's a parameter to set:

Menu>Volume Minimum

putting that at 60 makes things more usable.

andy butler