Recording many parallel loops in one go (Re: more mobius scriptinghelp please)

On Wed, Jan 5, 2011 at 8:52 PM, Simeon Harris
<simeonharris40@googlemail.com> wrote:
> i'm trying to get four tracks to record at once.

Glad you got help by Jeff to make the Group script work technically, I
wouldn't have imagined that "A" should be written "1" in the scripting
language, LOL!  Would you mind discussing your plan with this
experiment? Are you going to record the same instrument performance as
four clones? Or do you have four audio sources going to feed Mobius?
If recording one performance, do you intend to Rate/Speed shift the
four identical loops? Or do you intend to change the length of some
destructively? (Multiply - Record)

Over here I came to gravitate towards a similar concept - but not by
recording four parallel loops at once but by recording four parallel
loops on a row. I hit the record button and start playing and when I
hit the button the second time a new loop is created on track two and
I fill it up for one cycle before recording moves to target a third
loop on track three and finally a fourth parallel loop on track four.
Normally I play the same thing four times to fill up the loops and I
like the the subtle organic feel the resulting texture picks from the
fact that it is hardly possible to play exactly the same more than
once. But then my special "Record-Four-Tracks -In-One-Swoop" button
also Rate Shifts three of the loops so they will play at different
length and octave or fifth transformed. This is just how my experiment
happened to formalize and I would love to hear about others that
explore similar stuff!

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se