RE: midi looping, synths, and kaossilators

correct my friend.

btw, non of this was a knock on the KoPro.. I love this instrument. It is a great hybrid of instrument, controller and looper and I think you will LOVE the ability to cut down a recorded phrase to tiny tiny subdivisions  ie from 16 bars to quarter notes. I love making beds of sound like this .

Ive never used pre-recorded phrases so I cant give you a definitive starting the ko pro with material already in it , I imagine if you recorded phrase A at 120bpm , then at a later point set the EDP to 120 bmp, the phrase would remain unchanged in pitch. However starting it would still be a manual task.

I think starting from  a fresh palette for each new performance is definetly the modus operandi.