Re: Electro Harmonix Freeze - Sound Retainer

Per Boysen wrote:
> Morphing - that's the shit!
>

> On Thu, Mar 3, 2011 at 11:28 AM, mark francombe <mark@markfrancombe.com>
>wrote:
>> Im not sure, but I have to admit I was using maybe longer loops than the
>> Freeze appears to do, there was a slight takatakatakataka going on

I think the EH unit avoids takatakaing by getting the crossfade just
right.
i've seen a demo when "glitchy sounds" are produced by string scraping,
and then it does taka away as expected, so the delay's quite long.

It's also possible that the EH unit adjusts the delay time
so that there's no unevenness due to phase.

>> instantaneous morph, seemed to do the trick, presumably there is some
>part
>> of the morph algorithm still inplay, even if the morph time is 0..

yup, there's still a crossfade

andy