Re: Lower octave

On Tue, Mar 8, 2011 at 11:04 AM, andy butler <akbutler@tiscali.co.uk>
wrote:

> I'm with you on that one Rick.
>
> For me it's all about setting up a musical space,
> and then inhabiting it.
>
> In particular, Guitar is an instrument designed to
> "fill up" musical space, ... I try to be carefu

Great posts! When I use chordal harmonization with live looping I
restrict the "chords" to simply root note and fifth. This is to leave
open the decision of whether it should be major or minor, I often put
my improvised lead melody line to pass by those "major-vs-minor" notes
when playing over my chord harmonizaton.

For a live band that play songs I do differently though, triggering
full pre prepared brass section chords from single notes I play. But
that's OT here.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se