Re: Lower octave

Great posts! When I use chordal harmonization with live looping I
restrict the "chords" to simply root note and fifth.

Per Boysen

I agree very interesting thread. Iv always loved pitch shifters, and never worried that they sounded "different" to the guitar.

Apart from "special" Fireworx patchs (feedback harmonising thingys) I just use 2 different Boss pedals.

The Boss PS 5, has intelligent pitch shifting and I use almost like an instrument, hand winding the pitch control as it goes thru its scale (or set to intelligent 5ths). This goes INTO the Boss PS2 (also a delay) This is always set to the 2 pitch setting, where I have one octave up and one octave down. I always have both boxes mixed 50% with normal guitar. Interestingly the PS2 NEVER glitches, even if it is infact recieving 2 notes from the PS 5. (The original note and the pitched note) It maybe that its easier for it to generate octaves of the input?

The nice thing about this setup is that both pedals work together and by playing simple lines on the guitar and turning both pedals on and off as you play. you can get multiple chord structures and tones, without that "pitched" feeling.

The worst thing you can do with pitch shifters is "leave them on"... then you just sound like The Residents or Jon Hassel (not too bad I know)...but play them like they are a part of your melody and they are magical.

--
Mark Francombe
www.markfrancombe.com