Re: In praise of the M-9 was DL4 expression pedal

Rick Walker schrieb:
> On 7/22/64 11:59 AM, Louie Angulo wrote:
>> Well im happy and dont miss my DL4 at all;-)
> Really,to be really accurate,  it should be said that the Line 6 M-9
> it IS a DL4, with a little bit
> more recording time, the wonderful addition of a single 'undo' which
> also toggles as a redo....
With all that praise by you, Rick, by Luis, and by many others, I'd just
like to understand:

The M9 is something which:
    * is only slightly bigger than a DL4,
    * has a longer looper with undo/redo
    * MIDI In/out (but not for the looper)
    * connectors for two exp pedals
    * up to three of any MM/DL/FM/DM modeler effects (plus reverb) at
one time patched in series

correct?

I had my DL4 for quite some time, but with its relatively big footprint
and small feature set compared to other devices, it has become kind of a
one trick pony for me, when I want that sweep delay in a situation when
I play with my (synth-based) hardware setup. In that setup, the Repeater
is still the main looper, sometimes with the addition of the Eclipse
(which has the timethingi stompbox algorithms).
If I'm using the studio computer, then I either use OhmBoyz or Steinberg
ModDelay for the delays, and Möbius for loops.
If I'm using the live computer setup: the same.
And finally for the portable "Nerdville" stompbox/noise setup, it's just
too big to justify its inclusion (already with SMM w/Hazari and DD20 as
loopers, KP3 as loop sampler, and T-Resonator as powerful filter thing).

             Rainer

--
http://moinlabs.de
Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/moinlabs