Re: OT Fretless makers

the marine epoxy takes a bit longer to dry, and as far as i know no epoxy
is self-leveling.  the regular stuff should dry in a day.  we would never
use less than 2 coats, drying in between, and had to selectively apply a
third layer to any areas that were not covered well, so it generally took
3 days, then a fourth to sand and polish.  you need to be very aware of
the evenness of the epoxy only if you are going to lower the action
accordingly, in my experience. you can buff out most irregularities, but i
prefer 2 good solid layers, one for the initial coating and one for the
surface that will be buffed down.