Re: Sound vs function

Yeah, I figured that would be necessary. I asked about good quality fw audio interfaces, and most people said RME.

I have a lot of money invested in making my guitar sound good, and now it seems like I will have to spend more to make the whole mix sound clean/clear.

I'm wondering if it just wouldn't be easier to sample everything with effect, then just sequence it using hardware. Maybe drop tracks to an octatrack and do it that way.

I don't know...this is frustrating.

On Thu, Jun 16, 2011 at 3:51 PM, Daniel Thomas <danielthomas4@mac.com> wrote:
> BUT: Computer-processed music always seems to always have a low-end sheen to it.
>
> WHAT TO DO?

Invest in high end analog gear for the input path. And if you really want to full tilt boogie into the best of both worlds, get into summing analog stem mixes at output.

Anyone doing any high fidelity analog audio in their looping rig?  (Not me.. the gear is to heavy to schlep)

daniel