Re: Sound vs function

On Thu, Jun 16, 2011 at 10:54 PM, marcus kirby <marcusloops@gmail.com>
wrote:
> I have a lot of money invested in making my guitar sound good, and now it
> seems like I will have to spend more to make the whole mix sound
> clean/clear.
> I'm wondering if it just wouldn't be easier to sample everything with
> effect, then just sequence it using hardware. Maybe drop tracks to an
> octatrack and do it that way.

I think you should keep in mind that whatever live electronics setup
you go for it must be just as playable as your guitar is - if not it
will drag down your performance. The gear should not be just as good
sounding but also a as playable an instrument as the guitar. At that
level you will start growing amazing meta instrument chops!

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se
www.perboysen.com