Re: line6 m devices comparison (was re: portalooper), cf Vox

Michał Wiernowolski wrote:
Does it mean vdl1 will always clip in the end if you stay in overdub mode?

Yes, but in any case after 20 repeats the original layer starts to degrade.

I think the headroom is pretty good, but then I didn't destruct test the "keep overdubbing" technique because the VDL-1 is just unsuitable.

There's no automatic reduction of feedback during overdub like you'd
expect.
cf DL4 etc etc

It works fine for distinct overdubs, just no good as a delay type looper.

Perhaps resampling with Volume fx could be used as a replacement for the feedback control?

When you resample it's like Multiply, the addition material doesn't
layer up because the loop length is extended, You'd have to stop resampling
for each layer.
...so essentially yes, but not how you'd hope.

What you can do is play into the 2 second delay for infinite overdubs
(with feedback pedal control) and then do a synced resample of that onto
a loop.

:-) bet that's not enough for you

Is the firmware upgradeable on this unit to allow future corrections?

I doubt it, there's no computer connection.

andy

Michał