Re: setting up Mac for audio - questions

On Oct 3, 2011, at 12:53 PM, Per Boysen wrote:

 But
isn't today's computers fast enough to allow avoiding raid? I haven't
seen much discussion on raid studio systems in the last years, seems
it used to be more common back in the days.

Yes, I guess I was misusing the term. I wasn't thinking so much of dedicated mirroring, striping, and splitting where the Raid is read as a unified drive.
I was mainly thinking of the redundancy of backup:
>>to reinvent the term to describe a redundant array of independent disks as a means of dissociating a low-cost expectation from RAID technology.<< from Wiki

If you type in Raid at Sweetwater you get a bunch of stuff by Glyph but I was thinking more along the lines of this:

The way I work now is one 1TB FW drive as the scratch recording disk, a 1TB FW disk for Time Machine for system backups, and 1 more TB USB drive and three 500GB USB drives that are used to store copies of project files. If working on a project at least one of the backup drives gets stored offsite.

regards

BobC