Re: WHY - multiply?

On Thu, Dec 15, 2011 at 7:06 AM, Matthias Grob <matilists@gmail.com> wrote:

> nice... but the Instant only does factor 2,3,4 not the free chop out I
> do with Unround, right?

Correct. It is not equal to Multiply-->Record but rather
complimentary. I particularly appreciate having 3 as an optional
coefficient. The Instant Divide/Multiply is also fun to "abuse", like
for example divide down to a very, very short loop down in granular
undergound and then maybe play melodies with it by speed shifting
until finally go back again along the Undo/Redo path until you are
back at the original loop. One can do this to a parallel loop while an
older loop plays along in a normal way.

>>> so I am even thinking of building the Evoloop without loop saving
>>> function!
>>
>> I second that decision. Today's world is already full of recording
>> devices, so there's no need to clutter up a performance instrument
>> with that function.
>
> hm... its not the same... so save a single loop with another recorder is
> less acurate and practical
> I must say I love to record with the same laptop I loop on
> and I would love to just insert an USB stick into the looper to have the
> whole performance, even in a more editable way...
> its rather the play back funcion I question. also, it needs more UI to
> select the loop than just record

I was thinking more from the customer's point of view. I'd rather pay
for an awesome looper than for a little less awesome looper with a
built-in recording facility.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.perboysen.com