Re: OT: final mixing and mastering Stereo Width

On Tue, Feb 14, 2012 at 10:59 AM, andy butler <akbutler@tiscali.co.uk>
wrote:
> To make a regular shuffler in a DAW by a similar process
> to Per's (and this is something I've learned from the discussion here)
>
> Create 3 versions of the mix (2 channel)
>
> A  unchanged
> B  reverse channels L<>R and invert both
> C  mono on both channels

Very  interesting, but I would say this is the same process I
described. Because summing A-B-C gives exactly the same result. Mine
was:

A invert both
B reverse channels L<>R
C mono on both channels

As we see here the only "difference" is that I do the phase inversion
on B instead of A. But since A +B is merged anyway, and then merged
with C I see it as the very same processing.

Per