Re: To those who make a living off of music

I've never been able to make my living at music though wanted nothing more than that for years.  I have had some good things happen that gave me some belief that it might, one being publishing that has generated some money but not enough to count on regularly.

In recent years I have gradually let go of the 'carrot' and accepted that music for me would be more about collaboration and global community and for the last couple of years that has been my focus with it.

There are still visions that I think 'what if this happened or that' but as I've worked in computer IT for years for a day job, I have tried to focus on off-shoots of that to continue to pay the bills and let the music be the art.

Jim