Re: 3 million hits with livelooping

Far better said than my message yesterday.

And of course since without enough coffee I can't just leave it at that...
;-)

Probably for as long as I've been on this list — been around musicians? —
I've seen people apply a definition of art that allows them to feel
superior(?) to others, but then also resentful of their success.
Entertaining the audience isn't valued as art though it is what the
audience values and it is the audience that we are asking to part with
their time, attention, and money.

Saying this is not to denigrate the work of people who don't pursue
audience entertainment. But don't bash people who do manage to entertain
an audience and reap the rewards of doing so. That isn't easy either.

It is, however, quite reasonable to say "Clearly based on response this is
appealing to a lot of people, but from a looping perspective, while it's
interesting to see live looping show up in something this popular, the
actual looping doesn't seem all that interesting."

Mark