RE: Repetition

Well, think also about the work of Grotowski and Eugenio Barba in Theatre.
They were working with the concept of repetition and fatigue. Ok, this is something a bit different, but still another interesting point of view on repetition: they believed (and for the few I can say, I proved it true, as I studied and practiced theatre) that a long training was the best way to break the defenses of the ego. Normally when you train/rehearse, your mind is there, your ego, critic, active, invasive, judging, saying no and yes, repressing, limiting.
There is a point, when you work with fatigue, where you feel tired, you would like to stop, you can't anymore.  THere is where the real training STARTS. You are tired, your mind is not active anymore, you are just body and intuition, open, receptive.
I believe with music can be the same.
But I also believe that it is not so easy to achieve, in concerts. I mean especially, to achieve that people stay enough to perceive the change after their judging mind stop saying them "this is a boring piece of s... go away".

:)

Who likes "we did it again" by Soft Machine?
Starting from the title, I find it pure genious.

Ser

now, let's go dancing repetitive techno...