What kind of techniques can I add to my set?

Hello, I've been working with a rather basic looping technique which is to just record each instrument to its own track and control track volume independently with the faders on my axiom. What kind of manipulation techniques can I add to my looping to make it more interesting? I use FL Studio hosting mobius as a VST so Im kind of limited as far as syncing options.